FireCask is looking for an experienced and passionate back-end developer to join our team in Manchester! You will be working on a wide range of projects and your tasks will vary for all clients based both within the UK and overseas.
You must have a proven background in back-end web development, and be committed to keeping up to date with industry news and best practices.
|Salary||Up to £37,000, based on experience|
|Location||Manchester City Centre|
|Hours||Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm|
|Application Deadline||20th July 2018|
- In-Depth Knowledge of WordPress and its API.
- 2+ years practical knowledge of PHP7, MySQL, JSON.
- 1+ years practical knowledge of API development.
- Ability to use version control (Git).
- Coding with SEO and performance best practices in mind.
- Client relationship skills with the ability to document and train technical novices.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills.
- Basic knowledge of server environments and its effect on your role. You don’t need to understand a server at a granular level, but are able to understand those who do.
- A knowledge of Sass.
- Knowledge of PWA implementation.
- Knowledge of Angular and/or React JS.
- Knowledge of Laravel.
- A basic knowledge of Gulp & NPM. (How to install packages via NPM and run a Gulp script, or can learn quickly).
- Knowledge of local development environments (such as MAMP).
- Knowledge of Testing frameworks (like Unit Testing).
- A knowledge of the command line & configuring servers.
- Magento 2 skills.
- A passion for the industry, it’d be great if you attend local meetups and conferences.
- Moonlighting projects (include them in your application!)
- Experience with public speaking
Why Work at FireCask?
FireCask is a small but powerful agency that helps businesses evolve online. When you work here you’ll be joining a laid-back but professional team.
- A company laptop with secondary monitor
- Having your birthday off
- Flexible remote working
- Access to good coffee
- Ability to grow and develop within the agency
- A relaxed and fun working environment
- Being fed at regular company lunches
- Joining us at the pub 🙂
- Popping over to Italy for our annual remote working week.