FireCask is looking for a Senior Technical SEO Manager with at least 2 years agency or in-house experience. This role will primarily involve looking after the on-site optimisation of all FireCask’s clients and internally owned websites, as well as other digital assets across our client base.
You will have very strong knowledge and experience as you will be both consulting and implementing best practice technical SEO techniques across a range of different client verticals and platforms. On the top level, this will include technical SEO recommendations on site structure, keyword mapping, usability and CRO.
You’ll have worked extensively and have expert knowledge of tools such as:
- Screaming Frog
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
You’ll have a keen eye and be completely comfortable using tools plus manual checks to provide sound technical SEO recommendations and advice. Whilst not a day-to-day part of the technical SEO role, we would be looking for someone who can compliment the work of FireCask’s digital campaign team, who are responsible for off-page SEO, including link acquisition, digital PR and content promotion.
We are looking for a highly organised, methodical and motivated individual, with great communication skills, who is comfortable meeting with clients to discuss complex issues and ideas.
You will be the person who consults with the rest of the FireCask team on any technical issues or other optimisation techniques. We will expect you to have at least 2 years, with real-life, practical experience and be willing to continually expand your knowledge.
|Salary||Competitive, based on experience|
|Location||Manchester City Centre|
|Hours||Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm|
|Application Deadline||13th April 2018|
Roles & Responsibilities
- Understand all client business goals and apply them within technical SEO work
- Keyword research & landing page optimisation
- Undertake all technical audits and strategies
- Input and contribute to our client’s overall digital marketing strategy
- Consult with clients on best implementation processes
- Diagnose and resolve on-site issues
- Create on-site CRO reports and recommendations
- Work with the content team with keyword research
- Maintain correct tracking and attribution, working with the social team too
- Evolve FireCask’s technical offering
- Measuring delivery of SEO activity against best practice, providing feedback to the search and campaign teams.
- Analysing domain visibility and rankings on target keyword categories
- Competitor analysis to drive the overall strategy forward
- Represent the SEO team at client pitches and meetings
- Head up all SEO proposals
What we Look for
- Knowledge and ongoing passion for current & future SEO/Digital issues, practices and developments.
- Numbers focused and commercially astute with a keen eye for detail
- Proactive and methodical attitude to work
- Project and account management skills
- Punctuality and good time management
- Ability to work with data and manipulate it to provide a client-ready solution
- 2+ direct years experience with technical SEO work and demonstrate previous work
- Understanding of tools such as Majestic, Screaming Frog + others
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Knowledge of CMS and how they can impact onsite SEO, especially with WordPress
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Be a good team player
- Previous practical ability of WordPress, PHP and the WordPress API
- Knowledge of PPC and Adwords and other areas of paid search
- Moonlighting projects (include them in your application!)
- Experience with public speaking
FireCask is a small but powerful agency that help businesses evolve online. When you work here you’ll be joining a laid-back but professional team.
- A company laptop with secondary monitor
- Having your birthday off
- Flexible remote working
- Access to good coffee. Also, Alex makes a cracking cup of tea!
- Ability to grow and develop within the agency
- An on-going training program and the backing of all our consultants
- The potential to work with big brands within different verticals
- A relaxed and fun working environment
- Being fed at regular company lunches
- Joining us at the pub 🙂
- Popping over to Italy for our annual remote working week.